Let’s jump right into it, shall we?
- Long-term Goal: Shape the body I want and become healthier.
- Last Week’s Goal: Go to the gym. Once.
- Status: Success! I didn’t leave myself any room for error on this one. Tuesday was the first day I had time to go to the gym. When I got home, in-between jobs, I changed clothes, ate lunch and then headed straight there. By the time I walked in, it was too late to give into anxiety or fear what would happen once I arrived. And I surprised myself by actually loving it…and going two more days, making it three in a row for week one.
- This Week’s Goal: Four days in a row!
- Definitely doing babysteps. Eventually, I hope to be going five days a week, 45 minutes a day, and incorporating a healthier diet, counting calories (potentially), tracking water and mixing up my fitness routine. But for now, going one more day to the gym than I did last week is a good step forward.
- Long-term Goal: Edit three books, write four new books and query at least one.
- Last Weeks Goal: Write three times a week on BLOOD PRICE and outline another novel.
- Status: Partial Success! I did end up writing three times last week (twice for almost an hour when the goal was 30 minutes and once for only 10 minutes but that is better than nothing). And I got to the point where I’ll be doing more new writing and reworking than I will be editing previously written stuff, so I’m really stoked about that. Didn’t outline another novel. So guess what I’m doing this week?
- This Week’s Goal: Write four times. Outline novel.
- Long-term Goal: Read 60 books.
- Last Week’s Goal: Read every night before bed.
- Status: Sorta? I read four days last week, usually during meals and cranking out 60~ pages per session. Yet I never read before bed, because I was just too dang tired once I got off work. Plus, reading Lynch requires my devout attention, not sneaking in a few more pages with heavy eyes.
- This Week’s Goal: Finish The Lies of Locke Lamora.
- Long-term Goal: Increase output over all three blogs, i.e., post more consistently.
- Last Week’s Goal: Try out new blogging schedule and see if it works.
- Status: Partial Success! I do really like the new blogging schedule, but I missed it by one blog post for each blog. I think, as the routine grows, I’ll be able to keep it up, but it was a nice trial run week.
- This Week’s Goal: Write three blog posts for each blog.
- Long-term Goal: Manage money with more awareness, start retirement fund and build savings.
- Last Week’s Goal: Balance checkbook for the week.
- Status: Failed. While I did manage to save receipts to track spending, I definitely didn’t write anything down and actually balance my checkbook. I could blame it on forgetting my pen at home and not having one in my purse, but…
- This Week’s Goal: Actually balance checkbook. Talk to manager at second job about keeping consistent hours.
For the first week, not a bad start! I really like the routine I got going, even though it has me going nonstop Monday through Friday, making it hard to squeeze in anything else. I loved that I was able to jump over some mental hurdles (making it the gym, writing words on the page again) and prove to myself that all of these goals–even the ones I fell short completing last week–are all very, very possible and achievable. It’s simply a quest to get there.
And I’m stoked to be adventuring.
Onward to Week Two!