For this post, I’m not going to dive too much into the ramblings and musings I have surrounding my successes and near (or complete) misses. I’m actually going to write another post about it later this week, as I’ve gotten a lot of feedback throughout this journey and would like to not overload this post talking about both that and my goals. So stay tuned, friends! But for those who are following regularly, the answer to last’s week question is this: everything is important, but not always equally (it’s going to have to be a give and take thing each week).
I’ll elaborate on what that actually translates to in my next post.
- Long-term Goal: Shape the body I want and become healthier.
- Last Week’s Goal: Four days in a row. Plus, try out new fitness regime that my gracious, lovely and BAMF friend created for me to help me achieve my fitness goals.
- Status: SUCCESS. I went to the gym three times and then, because the weather was so nice, ran outside during my fourth day (and reached 3 miles!!). I did also try out my friend’s regime she created for me during the first half of the week, but failed to try out the second half since I ran outside instead of going to the gym. But I’m still counting this as a win.
- This Week’s Goal: Complete a full week of fitness program.
- Long-term Goal: Edit three books, write four new books and query at least one.
- Last Weeks Goal: Write four times. Outline novel. Draft short story.
- Status: Making progress. I did write once and had a really productive session. Didn’t online the novel, but did get a draft of my short story written and I don’t hate it–though it did end up darker than it was meant to. Going to the gym was definitely my focus last week. This week, I may try to switch that importance to writing.
- This Week’s Goal: Write four times. Outline novel. Read beta feedback and make editing game plan for Artemis’s story.
- Long-term Goal: Read 60 books.
- Last Week’s Goal: Finish The Lies of Locke Lamora and write review.
- Status: Closer! I did read a solid chunk, but I still have roughly 200 pages left. But I have a feeling I’ll get back into the reading groove this week.
- This Week’s Goal: Finish The Lies of Locke Lamora and write review.
- Long-term Goal: Increase output over all three blogs, i.e., post more consistently.
- Last Week’s Goal: Reattempt blogging schedule.
- Status: Negative. This has definitely taken a backseat amongst all of the goals and I’m okay with that, for now. I’m slowly moving towards posting more consistently. We’ll get there! That being said, I’m taking a step backwards and trying to not post three times a week on each blog, like my ultimate goal. I think baby-stepping and celebrating that slow climb is necessary and a step I skipped starting out.
- This Week’s Goal: Write once on each blog.
- Long-term Goal: Manage money with more awareness, start retirement fund and build savings.
- Last Week’s Goal: Try out budgeting app.
- Status: Success. I did try out on app, but wasn’t a big fan of how it was set up. I haven’t researched any new ones, so that’ll be the goal for this week.
- This Week’s Goal: Find a budgeting/financial app that is useful.
Definitely some forward progress this wee and though I still have a ways to go, I am quite content with the progress being made. Onward to Week Six!