Last week was a lot of, “Hey, how are you feeling?” or “Welcome back to the land of the living,” which was both sweet and got old really quickly really fast. Yet it was really nice to get back into some sort of routine with work, writing and working out. I really needed that. The fact that I was able to meet my writing goals and eat a lot better (until the weekend) were some boosts my confidence and belief in myself definitely needed. Knowing that I can provides some great forward momentum, which is exactly what I plan to do.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 4x. Meet (or exceed) word count.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. So, apparently writing roughly 1,900 words four times a week (and then another 1,000 on Fridays, since I put writing 5x a week as my writing goal on WriteTrack) is a lot harder than I thought. I’m going to write a blog post about it, hopefully this week, but I’m really proud that I not only wrote four times last week, but with today’s writing, I’m 2,000 words ahead of schedule, which gives me a day’s wiggle room. And that’s awesome.
Weekly Goal: Write 5x. Continue meeting word count.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Finish Times Shards. Write review. Start another novel.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Finish Embers of War. Write review to come out on the 20th. Start new book!
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Get fully healthy. Get well, but be forgiving if your body isn’t ready to work out, yet.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I actually managed to work out twice last week and ate really well, plus logged my food, resulting in losing a pound! Then, Saturday, I ate like shit, so…we’re getting there. Definitely need to continue working on being more forgiving and less manic about seeing progress in this and instead, focus on making it a lifestyle I enjoy.
Weekly Goal: Check out Rock Chalk Park. Work out 3x. Log food honestly.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Make tax appointment. Actually put money into bloody savings.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Not only did I make my tax appointment, but I actually got to go last week and it was really lovely to see my Aunt and catch up with her. I also put in money to savings for both January and February, so I’m really stoked about that (but as I’m already seeing some things on the horizon that are probably going to dip into that, I’m now nervous, but oh is the life of constant financial anxiety).
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal. Reevaluate finances.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Focus.on.prayer.
- Status: Negative, Commander. I hardly prayed last week. Really need to change that. But, I did talk with my Mom about getting devotionals (since apparently a problem with shipping caused us to never get ours), so hopefully we’ll make some forward progress on that!
Weekly Goal: Actively work on lessening mental tangents during prayer.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Get excited to get back into the routine and being back amongst the living. Plus, hair appointment Saturday!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Lots of reasons to smile, last week. Getting my hair done was awesome (especially since I got it done with my Mom, sister and brother). Had a fun game night, met my Aunt for lunch and generally just had a pretty awesome week.
Weekly Goal: Have way too much fun on Valentine’s Day. ❤
I’m not going to lie: this week, I’m most excited about Valentine’s Day, since it’s the first time I’m celebrating it as a holiday and not as Single Awareness Day, like I have the previous 25 years. And my boyfriend and I are kinda going all out and I’m really freakin’ stoked about that, too. But on top of that, it’s continuing the writing grind, looking into a potentially free (!!) gym membership, trying to finish up editing a friend’s book and keeping my fitness and health in check as we (hopefully) start making the turn towards some more consistently warmer weather.
Wishing you good vibes, positive thoughts and marks off your To-Do list!