Last week was a bit of a whirlwind. With a bunch of ice hitting us throughout the week, it was a weird week, because I didn’t have to go into work for two days. So instead, I got to spend a lot of quality time with my PS4 alongside my boyfriend and that was really nice. Plus, went to a concert that I had a blast at, got to see my family (even if it was only for a small amount of time), watched my ‘Hawks win 14 CONSECUTIVE BIG TWELVE TITLES, had two really fun DnD sessions and got half of my sleeve filled it (and man, is my arm sore).
And that was just the fun stuff.
Here’s how the goals went:
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 6x. Continue meeting word count.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I only wrote five times, instead of six, but honestly? Five times is pretty freakin’ great. A few of those sessions, I was checking every 300 words to see if I’d met my word count for that day yet (in other words, it was grueling to do so). Other days, I flew past it, writing an additional 1,000+ words. Despite the up and down of how writing feels each day, I love that I’m keeping up with it consistently and putting it before practically everything else. Plus, I came up with a scene that is going to make the story much more exciting, if a little more difficult for my characters. This is always a good thing.
Weekly Goal: Write 6x. Continue meeting word count. Figure out guild backstory?
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Finish Kings of the Wyld. Write review. Read every day
- Status: Negative, Commander. I’m a little over halfway done with this book and I’m still loving it. A few snow days last week, however, had me spending a lot more time with my PS4, instead of reading. But I’m okay with that.
Weekly Goal: Finish Kings of the Wyld. Write review. Start Blood of Assassins.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 4x. Keep up good work!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I worked out three times instead of four, but I also went to a concert that could have counted as an extra workout, so I don’t mind counting this week as a success.
Weekly Goal: Workout 4x (and go walking, if the weather’s nice). Continue logging food honestly.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Stay on budget and put some more money into savings.
- Status: Negative, Commander. I didn’t put any money into savings and spent a little more last week than I usually do, thanks to the concert and a random GameStop sale.
Weekly Goal: Pay bills, pay off phone and put money into savings.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Pray each night
- Status: Negative, Commander. Still really need to work on this.
Weekly Goal:. Pray.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Smile every day at work.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Considering we had two snow days last week, this wasn’t too hard to do.
Weekly Goal: Smile every day.This week, after receiving a rejection over my manuscript I was really bummed to get, I’m going to really focus on continuing to write the sequel, if for no other reason than because I love it and I want to find out what happens next. I might also work out a little less, since my arm is healing, thanks to the new ink, and my tattoos always need a little extra care/love when they are healing, but I’m hoping, if the weather stays above freezing, to go on some walks and still stay active, even if I’m not working up too much of a sweat.
Otherwise, it feels like the first week in a while that I haven’t had something come up, so I’m actually working a full work week. It feels weird, but I’m excited for March and everything it has in store!