Just trucking along. It’s midway through March and I’m wondering, currently, why I’m shivering so much and it’s just miserable cold outside (at least, today it is). I’m definitely eager for it to be truly spring, instead of a random nice day here and there, and then I’m back to putting on a ton of different layers when I get off at midnight every night.
But, enough complaining about the weather. Let’s see how things went last week.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 6x. Continue meeting word count.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. It’s crazy to think that I’m at 60,000 words and I’m only 20,000 away from reaching my minimum word count goal. I love that I’ve met my word count goal every day that I’ve written in March (!!) so far and I can see the end in sight, even if it’s going to take me a little bit more to get there. Really excited to see where these scenes go, though, and how these ideas come to life on the page.
Weekly Goal: Write 6x. Continue meeting word count.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Finish Blood of Assassins. Write review. Start new book.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Not only did I finish Blood of Assassins, but I also finished an ARC of a book called The Hollow Tree last week. It was a good reading week.
Weekly Goal: Read Age of Myth. Write review. Go by library.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 4x, log food honestly and figure out exactly how I want to try and balance cardio and strength training.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Worked out 4x, though I didn’t do as much cardio as I wanted to, thanks to the colder week last week. I also haven’t figured out how to balance both strength training and cardio, because I haven’t had a week warm enough to try. (*sigh* See why I started off this post complaining about the weather?) I also ate like shit yesterday and ate way too much and have felt pretty bad about it since then, so I really got to do better eating only when I’m hungry on the weekends and not just eating like shit.
Weekly Goal: Workout 5x, log food honestly and don’t eat like a fool on the weekend.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Check out different credit cards and potentially apply for one.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I did check out some credit cards and talked to my Mom about it, so I have some ideas in mind. Will prolly apply for one here soon.
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal and start saving to move in August.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Continue praying. Find devotional book to use with Mom.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Didn’t pray very much or find a devotional we wanted to do.
Weekly Goal: Pray.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Get stoked about shopping day with Mom on Saturday.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. And it was awesome.
Weekly Goal: Have a blast in St. Louis and enjoy the three day weekend. But also, find ways to enjoy every day of the work week, too (including celebrating my Mom’s birthday!).This week, same focus as usual: writing and working out are my main two goals. But I also want to work on some mental health stuff. I’m pretty happy and things are pretty great, but I find myself wanting to be lazy or just get frustrated that I have to work, which isn’t exactly the healthiest mindset to be in. Sure, work isn’t always the most fun, but it’s also necessary and important, so instead of being bummed that I have to work, why not get stoked about how productive I an be or how many people I can help out? So that’s going to be a focus this week, too.