Last week was a pretty good week, all things considered. It was a bit busier at work, which makes sense, as the semester is reaching its peak time, with finals only a couple weeks away. But I’m getting more involved at my job and I’m excited about that. Writing is still going well and I’m finding new ways to challenge and improve myself physically. Plus, I got to see some friends I normally don’t get to see and the weather looks like it’s finally going to stay steadily spring like, so all in all, I’m pretty stoked.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 5x. Look into writing contests/magazines to submit short stories into.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I managed to write five times last week, which felt pretty good, being the first full week of writing new material for this book. I’m still a little apprehensive about some of the elements within the book, but I’m also excited about everything that is still ahead. I really want to remember to challenge my creativity and really get into what I’m working on, here.
Weekly Goal: Write 5x. Hit 40,000 words.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read 5x. Write review (x2?).
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Yeah, I am absolutely loving reading through The Chronicles of the Imaginarium Geographica by James A. Owen. I am on book four and, depending on how much I can dedicate to reading this week, might be able to get through the fourth and fifth books, and begin reading the last two books of the series for the first time next week.
Weekly Goal: Read 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 5x. Eat more fruits and veggies.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I’m pretty stoked about how I did, last week. One day, I didn’t go walking because it was a little too cold (and freakin’ windy) and on Friday, I didn’t do my strength training (and I should have). This weekend, I also didn’t eat as well as I should have. But, I have been actively thinking about eating more fruits and veggies and I had a killer run session on Thursday, so I’m counting this week as a win and am excited to get back to it.
Weekly Goal: Workout 5x. Continue pushing my running pace.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Pay off credit card.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I got my first (and prolly only) credit card and have started to use it, which is a really different feeling. It makes me nervous, but I’m excited to continue strengthening my credit and have this option as an emergency back-up, if necessary. I’m already trying to built the habit of paying it off every week, if I use it, so hopefully that continues to go well!
Weekly Goal: Pay bills for May.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Pray.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Pray.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Stay positive minded and enjoy the process, every day.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Enjoy the last week of April!For the last week of April, I want to keep up my fitness routine (and actually make it a week of hitting all five days, instead of missing a day like I have the past two weeks). I also want to continue meeting my writing goals and try and get through “The Maze” section this week, as well as focus on embracing the happiness of writing this story and discovering it for the first time, instead of stressing over how good it is. Also wouldn’t mind reading a little bit more in the evenings, instead of wasting time on social media, and actually get up on time in the mornings, so I can keep up being productive and start each day off right.