Despite being stuck at work during such a gorgeous day outside, I’m still pretty stoked about life. This past weekend was really lovely, between getting to see friends I haven’t seen in a while, celebrating my graduating students at work with a “retirement party”, staying up late and playing Fallout 4 with my boyfriend–including beating the main story, which (!!!)–and just generally being in a pretty good mood; it makes for a promising start for a new week, especially as it’s the last week I work until midnight until the fall semester starts again.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 5x. Get Natanni out of The Maze.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Still going strong! Natanni is not out of The Maze yet (*sigh*), BUT, I only think one or two more writing sessions will get her out of there and finally out to the Endless Sea. Which is going to be awesome, because I only have a vague sense of what exactly is going to happen there and I’m excited to find out what else she will have to face. If it’s anything like what I’ve already put her through, then probably quite a lot.
Weekly Goal: Write 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read 5x. Stop wasting time on social media and read more.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I do still need to lessen my time scrolling on social media, because I just have too many books to read and plenty of time to do that, truth be told, but I end up wasting it, instead. Considering I want to amp up my book blogger game over at Erlebnisse, too, and take it a bit more seriously, now is the time to embrace that free time and enjoy all of these wonderful books!
Weekly Goal: Read every day. Make ARC review calendar.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 5x (especially since the weather is supposed to be shitty).
- Status: Negative, Commander. I, ah, only worked out once. It was a combination of rain, my boyfriend’s altered schedule and being lazy, truth be told. And after this week, my schedule is going to be out of whack for the next couple of months, so my main goal is to try and workout every work day and continue to make progress in loving my body and building my strength, regardless of what the scale says, how fast I run a mile or what what type of workout I do.
Weekly Goal: Workout 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal to prepare for move.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. With tag renewal and having a tad bit of a social life (including taking my boyfriend out on a special date to celebrate being a month smoke free and an upcoming Escape Room adventure with my friends), plus Mother’s Day, I’m spending a little more money than I usually do. But, I’m still doing totally fine and I need to remind myself of that fact.
Weekly Goal: Pay car tag renewal. Put money in savings for May.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Pray. Find a devotional to start in the summer.
- Status: Negative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Actually think about this goal.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Have fun with my students this week during their last week of class
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Like I mentioned above, this past weekend was really lovely and I found myself in a pretty good mood. Planning to keep that going through into this week, if I can!
Weekly Goal: Enjoy the mirad of plans this weekend, including special date night and Mother’s Day!I have a little more on my To Do List this week and I can already feel myself trying to get stressed out about that fact (but I refuse to let that happen). Instead, I’m going to be productive and continue to put in the work until that To-Do List is slayed, one item at a time, all while continuing to do things that make me happy every day. I said at the end of this post last week that this month was going to be great. I’m determined to do everything in my power to make it so.