This post is coming a little late, thanks to having a sick day yesterday where I spent more time moving between the couch and the bathroom than I did doing anything else and all I wanted to do was anything but fight my body with whatever I ate the night before. And although my instinct is to panic, looking at my To-Do list and wanting to cross everything off of it yet it already being Tuesday, I’m forcing myself to step back and take a breath, realizing/remembering that I totally got this.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy writing break (effective until July 9th).
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. This has actually been surprisingly hard to do (as you can see, if you read this post last week). But I’m also hoping to read a little more in these next two weeks, before I hit the editing grind.
Weekly Goal: Enjoy writing break (effective until July 9th).
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day. Write review.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I am *almost* caught up on my May/June ARCs. Which is great, since the July/August ones are coming my way here soon. But I’m really digging this book I’m reading right now and excited to see how it ends!
Weekly Goal: Read every day. Write review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 4x (assuming the weather holds). Log food.
Status: Affirmative, Commander. Mixed up the workouts a little bit last week (including helping a colleague move on Saturday) and it was nice to mix up the routine a little bit. This week, though, after a lovely case of the food poisoning (I think), stormy weather and a change in the work schedule for just this week, I don’t think I’ll actually be able to workout at all. Not going to beat myself up about it, though. Instead, going to just enjoy the rest.
Weekly Goal: Enjoy the break week and get ready to get back to it next week.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Pay off credit card and put money in savings.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Forgot to put money in savings, but will do that this week!
Weekly Goal: Pay bills. Finish changing address for the move and figure out storage unit stuff.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Start devotional.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Haven’t been thinking about this at all. Definitely need to make this more of a priority. (<– Look familiar? *sigh*)
Weekly Goal: Start devotional.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Find a reason to be happy every day. Plus, get excited for Jurassic World!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Enjoy working at orientation and life in general!
It’s been pretty nice these past couple days, with the storms bringing in some cooler, eighty degree weather. Of course, it’s all about to change, with the high on Thursday being projected as 102 degrees, but there is something magical about summer, despite this heat and how sweaty I get every time I go outside. Something about summer just releases the happy endorphins and I’m hopeful that continues as we creep into July. Oh, and the highlight last weekend, by far, was catching up with my Mom over lunch and then going swimming for two hours. It makes me wonder why I haven’t made swimming more of a priority over the summer months and I definitely plan to rectify that.