It turned out to not be the best week last week, as far as goals went. I hardly read, definitely didn’t work out or log my food, still haven’t started the devotional I got weeks ago…
And yet, last week was really awesome. I saw family I never get to see and watched my Dad and boyfriend bound by, as my boyfriend puts it, “celebrating America by blowing a piece of it up (via fireworks)”. I went on a trip down nostalgia lane with my best friend as we went to the last ever Warped Tour. I got to spend a day with my sister celebrating her birthday, spending some 1-1 time that we almost never get. And I got to see my lovely and amazing boyfriend and his family while he celebrated his Dad’s birthday.
It’s a nice reminder that just because you’re not as productive or accomplished as I wanted to be, doesn’t mean the time you spent was entirely wasted.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Try not to panic flail realizing this is the last week of my break and next Monday, the editing game begins.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. There is only one appropriate response to the fact that editing will begin AFTER I FINISH THIS POST. And that response, friends, is this GIF:
Weekly Goal: Edit 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day. Write review.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Even though I was so excited to see some extended family during the 4th of July, it was all I could think about, I also somehow kept forgetting that the holiday was going to mess up my productivity all last week, so I hardly got anything done that I wanted to. Reading was definitely on that list…
Weekly Goal: Read every day. Write review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 4x. Log food. Continue finding resources of how to improve mental fitness.
Status: Negative, Commander. ^^ Read above explanation as to why I only ran once last week and didn’t log my food at all. But, already done both of those things today and I feel like this week will be a good one, because I want more days like today: productive, positive and overall just feeling lovely.
Weekly Goal: Workout 5x. Log food. Improve mental fitness.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Put money in savings and get back into the habit of checking my budgeting app regularly. Finish up moving prep.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I am checking my budgeting app more regularly again! Which feels good, so I know exactly what I’m doing with my money when.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Add my devotional onto my To-Do list. Actually start it.
- Status: Negative, Commander. So, I got one step closer: I added it to my To-Do list. But then I proceeded to forget my devotional at home every time I had a chance to read it for the entire week. *sigh* Baby steps, I guess?
Weekly Goal: Just do it.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy seeing family and friends I normally don’t get to see on the 4th! Plus, last Warped Tour and birthday shenanigans celebrating my sister this weekend.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Despite hardly completing any of my goals, last week was a pretty stellar week.
Weekly Goal: Stay productive and actually go to the pool this week!
It feels nice to start the week off right. I got to sleep in an extra hour, since the pool doesn’t open until noon on Mondays (meaning that I don’t get to go, since it’s too close to when I have to go to work). Then I ran, came home and cooked dinner, showered, ate lunch while reading a book, before getting to work and getting started on crossing items off of my To-Do List. I really love productive days like that and it’s all because I started the morning off right, hitting the trail.
Now if only I could remember this feeling every morning when I wake up…