Gosh, last week was a whirlwind. It was the dreaded scheduling time (which I honestly don’t mind too much, but it definitely gets exhausting when you spent literally an entire day working on nothing but a semester schedule for your student workers). As such, plus with meetings and the like, I didn’t get to accomplish as much as I wanted to on the personal side, but I still did accomplish more than I thought I was going to, for such a busy time in August, so I’m going to count last week as a win!
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Edit when I can.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Didn’t get to work on it at all last week. But I did get my short story drafted and written and posted for the Muses. More excitingly, I believe I came up with a small way to fix one of the issues in my Artemis novel I’m currently editing, which has me itching to do exactly that. Though this week is just as busy as the last, I’m hopeful to actually get some editing done!
Weekly Goal: Edit when I can before really getting back into the routine next week.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day and write review.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. The book I’m reading now is so good. I really should have read yesterday instead of playing ESO all day, so I kind of regret not doing that. But I’m also really excited about this book and hope to sneak in a lot of reading this week!
Weekly Goal: Read every day and write review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 3x and log food honestly.
Status: Affirmatve, Commander. Boyfriend wanted to get into the training routine, so we worked out together last week, four times!! I’ve never been the biggest fan of working out with other people, but motivating him and teaching him about an aspect of my life that I’m really passionate about (fitness) was really, really fun and held me accountable in a way I haven’t been in a log time! The weekend derailed us pretty well, but ready to get back on the grind this week!
Weekly Goal: Workout 4x and log food honestly.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. And put money in savings for this month, to boot!
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Find a time that actually works.
- Status: Negative, Commander. I still need to really think about when the best time–and place–is to do this. I was trying to do it during my lunch break at work, but I’ve found that isn’t the most fruitful. So I’m going to take my devotional back home and brainstorm when works the best and try and actually do this.
Weekly Goal: Choose a time, place and stick with it.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy cooking dinners and the summer weather for the next two weeks before I go back to working a day job!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Getting to cook dinners and eat them fresh has been so lovely, so really going to try and amp that up this week, as it’s my last “normal” work schedule week until…Christmas. I’ll miss it, but it’s been lovely while it’s been available!
Weekly Goal: Enjoy my last week of summer!
This past weekend was really lovely. We got to go to a wedding and see some friends I haven’t seen in ages (plus celebrate a truly lovely couple) and then completely vegged out and did nothing yesterday, which…well, I can’t really remember the last time we had a day like that, completely lazy and unapologetic about it. I think it was really needed, because today, I’m itching to be productive and start my week off strong. And, considering I have a one-day weekend this weekend as I go back to nights next week, having a lazy day before the storm of the semester’s start takes hold was a good idea, in my book.