It’s sort of a bittersweet day, I think? After today, I go back to working nights, after working days, i.e., a normal person schedule, for the past month. There are elements I’m really excited about, in returning to my normal schedule, 3pm-12am. A lot of the goals that I haven’t been meeting over the summer, I have a routine in place to do exactly that. So working out should definitely increase, plus my writing output and hopefully my reading, as well! And I’ll have a pretty solid routine that won’t change too much, which is really nice. I miss that consistency. But, I sorta liked working days. I liked how quickly the work day went by. I loved getting to eat dinner fresh and cooking with my man was so, oh so lovely. And getting to see him so consistently and hear about his day was really fantastic, too.
So, in some ways, going back to nights is going to be awesome. In others, it’s going to suck. But hey, you make the best out of it, right?
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Edit when I can before really getting back into the routine next week.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Well, I seriously slayed this, last week. I edited four times and got through a nice chunk. I’m about to work on the “main” edit for this book this week, which should help guide the remaining edits for the second half of the book. I’m really excited about it!
Weekly Goal: Edit 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day and write review.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Today, it’s dreary, rainy and basically the perfect day to binge read and finish Soul of the World. If I’m really lucky, I’ll be able to start Shadowblack, too, which I’ve also been pretty stoked to read.
Weekly Goal: Read every day and write review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 4x and log food honestly.
Status: Negative, Commander. Definitely got lazy on the working out aspect. But, fresh week, fresh start, so I’m ready to get this back in gear, especially since I’ll be back to my usual routine this week!
Weekly Goal: Workout 4x and log food honestly.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Spent a little more money than usual, as I needed to get some jeans and went grocery shopping, but I also started paying off my credit card and will be adjusting my budget next week as my boyfriend and I start slipping bills, so I’m doing my best to not stress about money too much!
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Choose a time, place and stick with it.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Actually do this.
Weekly Goal: Choose a time, place and stick with it.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy my last week of summer!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Even despite my boyfriend getting a double ear infection, it was still a lovely last week of summer, getting to spend time with him, sneaking in some time to see my family and basically getting prepared for the semester! But I’m excited for the semester to start!
Weekly Goal: Kill it with goals!
Although the routine is starting back up this week, of course it won’t be without it’s altercations; like how tomorrow I’m working a longer day to help with first day of classes shenanigans (so I won’t have time to work out) and then this weekend, we’re going out of town for a wedding as a little mini vacation. But, regardless, I’m excited and ready to get back into things.
Hope your week is productive and joyful!