I do apologize once more for the quick update last week. I was dealing with some things that made it difficult to get anything more posted, but I’m glad to be back on track this week and ready to go!
Over the weekend, I attended my first ever Tolkien conference, MiddleMoot 2018. It was a blast (and I presented!) and I am definitely going to be writing a post about that experience later this week, so stay tuned for that in-depth post on how it all went. But that took up most of the weekend, yet it wasn’t a bad way to spend it. Last week, too, I was in a funk–not motivated to really do much and, after starting my period on Friday, we have a culprit as to why. As such, I didn’t get as much done as far as goals go below as I would have liked, but we’re doing okay.
And, like a friend said, every week is a chance to start anew.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Edit 5x. Figure out some backstory to make edits go a little smoother.
- Status: Negative, Commander. I did work on the backstory/history a little bit, thinking I had it all figured out so I could move forward and actually start writing the scene I needed to add before going back to editing, before I realized that, with the overall timeline of things, what I’d just created didn’t work, so now I need to restructure it just a little bit before I can add that scene. Hoping to actually made some headway this week.
Weekly Goal: Edit 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day and post review.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. After struggling with choosing what to read next, books two and three of The Powder Mage trilogy came in at the library, so now I got my next two books lined up. Plus, finally have time to run home and pick up the latest box of ARCs, so I’ll be able to dive into those soon (even if they are now most definitely late).
Weekly Goal: Read every day and post review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 5x and eat well on weekends.
Status: Negative, Commander. Like I mentioned above, last week I was lazy and unmotivated and my eating and lack of working out definitely reflected that. But you can always get back on track and I’ve already started doing that today!
Weekly Goal: Workout 4x and eat well!
Last Week’s Goals:
Blog 6x. Catch up on various work projects and trainings. Pay bills.
- Pay credit card.
- Put money in savings.
Don’t freak out at MiddleMoot.
- Blog 6x.
- Add in special blogging surprise!
- Practice Spanish daily.
- Figure out health insurance plan.
- Pick up books.
- Go to the library.
- Write short story and post it for the Muses.
- Look up fall recipes.
- Finishing prepping for vacation!
This week is already going to be good because it’s the last week before we go on vacation, traveling out to NC to visit my family and introduce my boyfriend to all of them. I am ridiculously excited and it feels very surreal, because it’s the first time I’ve had a vacation where I was like, “Hey, I want to do this, so let’s do this,” and then now it’s happening. Growing up, it was always planned for us and this is the first time I’m doing that and it’s just…very different. But no less exciting, especially since it’s been over three years since I’ve been there!
That said, my entire routine and goals will be thrown out the window next week, but that doesn’t mean this week can’t be productive and awesome. That’s my plan, at any rate.
Hope you have a productive and positive week!