I hope you’re all having a good day so far. I’m currently torn between being super productive today or just spending the entire day reading (going to try to be productive and read, however, because I’m selfish like that). So, first up on the productive train was writing and posting this goals update!
How’d I do last week?
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Edit 5x.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I’m still counting this as a win, even though I only edited twice. I had intentions to edit more (as everyone does) but some things came up that made it impossible to do so, and that’s life, honestly. I may need to start working to figure out how to better protect my writing time, i.e., stop writing during breaks at work and instead write at home, so that’s something I need to consider. Even so, I have been thinking about this book a lot and made some mental breakthroughs regarding the plot and I’m just ridiculously excited about this? So I’m hoping that excitement means I’ll make a lot of progress this week!
Weekly Goal: Edit 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day and post review.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I started reading Sins of Empire. Once I finish that, I’ll finally be able to read my oldest ARC from this year, Wraith of Empire. Still totally behind on ARCs (and don’t think I’ll be getting caught up like I planned this year), but it feels good to be so close to starting my oldest one.
Weekly Goal: Read every day and post review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Eat well, start tracking food again and workout 5x.
Status: Negative, Commander. Well, I did, none of these things. Mentally, I just wasn’t having it last week. I’m not sure what I need to do to get out of my workout slump, but I asked my boyfriend for support this week, so hopefully that’ll help get my butt into gear and remind me why working out is a good thing I want to do.
Weekly Goal: Figure out some sort of routine and get back on the training train.
Last Week’s Goals:
Pay (the rest of the bills). Blog 6x. Post SPFBO Batch One Results.
- Catch up on emails.
Do some future brainstorming. Put money into savings. Prep for 4th quarter review. Practice Spanish daily.
- Blog 6x.
- Start planning/editing Muses post.
- Stay on top of work meeting this week.
- Figure out Christmas budget and who to buy what.
- Back up my writing onto my flash drive!
- Continue discussion on future plans.
- Read the first 50 pages of my November batch of SPFBO books.
- Actually get caught up on emails.
- Practice Spanish daily.
Last week, something happened at work that interrupted my week a little bit, but that doesn’t mean that it needs to carry into this week! Despite it continually getting colder and already snowing (ugh), I have a full plate this week and I’m ready to start crossing items off my To-Do List, most especially writing related and continuing to make progress on my SPFBO books!
May your week be warm (if it’s cold), welcoming and wonderful!