It was a little odd to write “Week 47” at the top of this post, because it just cements truly how close we are to the end of the year. It’s like, I know this, since I’ve already done half my Christmas shopping and I am waiting for my schedule to switch from nights to days like it does during the holidays. But it’s also just surreal that there is less than two months left of 2018, honestly.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Edit 5x.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Oh, I am smashing this goal. I dunno what’s turned it around for me, but I have roughly 100 pages left to edit and then this second draft will be done and ready to send to betas! That said, I know I’m entering into some of the hardest bits to edit, because it’s what I struggled to write the most (e.g., the middle) but I’m excited about my progress and confident I’ll finish it by the end of the year.
Weekly Goal: Edit 4x, thanks to the holidays.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day and post review.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Though I didn’t get a review posted, I am halfway through Sins of Empire and it’s about to get really, really, really good (I mean, it already is, but shit, these twists). Though I haven’t been reading as much for pleasure since being an addition to the SPFBO crew and trying to get caught up on my batch of books, I am enjoying McClellan’s works and hopeful to finish Sins of Empire and at least one of my other SPFBO entries this week.
Weekly Goal: Read every day and post review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Figure out some sort of routine and get back on the training train.
Status: Negative, Commander. I did go and sign up for a free gym membership, even if I didn’t go to the gym at all last week to actually use it *coughthanksFallout76cough*. But, I have a tentative game plan in my head and even though I might not be able to work out a ton thanks to my wonky schedule and Thanksgiving this week, I am hopeful that I’ll still make strides this week and then be back on the grind next week.
Weekly Goal: Be forgiving this week, but make strides.
Last Week’s Goals:
- Blog 6x.
Start planning/editing Muses post. Stay on top of work meeting this week. Figure out Christmas budget and who to buy what. Back up my writing onto my flash drive!
- Continue discussion on future plans.
Read the first 50 pages of my November batch of SPFBO books. Actually get caught up on emails. Practice Spanish daily.
- Blog 6x.
- Go buy stamps.
- Walk to work during my day shifts.
- Finish one of my SPFBO books.
- Enjoy Thanksgiving and the hecticness of three different dinners to go to in one day.
- Practice Spanish daily.
It’s freezing here and I hate it (I also love how these update posts not only sure as my, well, updates, but I also embrace my usual “Grandma-like” tendencies and almost always bring up the weather, like you do when you talk to your grandparents). I also feel myself, as I’m writing this post, trying to freak out, because I have been doing well on writing this week and don’t want to lose that streak, but also need to finish the two SPFBO books that I’m wobbling between for November, as well as finish this library book and try to post at least one review this month and–
So I’m going to take a deep breath, relax for a moment and then go tackle my TBR list, one item at a time. Because I got this and I know you do, too.