Hello, everyone! I wanted to reach out and write a quick post about what I’m offering for my 2022 editorial services, as well as share some highlights and some backstory as to why I’ll be promoting a little bit more this year.
If this is your first time discovering this page, welcome! My name’s Nicole and I’m a freelance editor for SFF and select romance manuscripts. You can find an in-depth summary of my services, what I offer and my rates over at my main page here. My goal, however, is to offer something that any writer at any stage can benefit from and I’m always open to custom projects, based on your needs.
Highlights So Far
In the two and a half years since I’ve been editing, here are some of my main highlights (with more in-depth highlights detailed here):
- 18 clients
- Over a million words edited
- 7 clients published and one agented
It’s has been a true joy and honor to work on so many incredible books and so many incredible authors! Below are just a few amazing books I’ve worked on that you can check out (and I HIGHLY recommend it):
I’m very excited to highlight a few, newer changes that were either implemented late last year or just starting this year! They include:
- Invoices for every client
- A detailed style sheet for any developmental edit
- The very popular First Impressions Package, which includes an edit of your query letter, synopsis and first 50 pages of your manuscript for a flat rate of $200.
Goals for 2022
Just like I want to level up your writing, I also have goals as an editor. This year, I will be using the income I make from my editing to help pay off medical debt that as accrued over the past few years thanks to a new chronic disability, alongside a few vet emergencies. My day job allows me to pay my bills and get the necessities, but it doesn’t leave a lot of room for anything else–including emergencies, which 2021 was full of, for me personally.
So, my goal is to really grow this business so I can become more financially free, while doing something I love. Namely:
- Work with enough clients to pay off medical debt (8-10 developmental edits, roughly)
- Form a supportive community for my clients
- Continue to level up my own skills, to ensure I’m giving my clients the best work possible
If you’ve made it this far, thank you so much for reading! If you’re interested in working with me, I’d love to hear from you! Feel free to reach out by filling out the contact form below.