February is almost over, which means it’s almost March, which means THE COLD MUST BE VANISHED.
I mean, I really hope we finally get spring, because your girl is over the cold.
On top of complaining about the winter weather, as I do, here’s how my month has gone:
- Got sick…again.
- Had a really lovely Valentine’s Day date with my boyfriend. He got me books. <3
- Set up the weight bench in our garage! Haven’t used it it yet, but!!
- Caught up with an old friend from college, which was really lovely.
- Hosted my old student workers (now friends) for a potluck at my place and watched Temptation Island and had an absolute BLAST.
- Filed my taxes (including my first time as a freelancer) and miraculously didn’t owe and getting some money back!
- Took my Dad to his first ever Blues hockey game!
- Got a new phone! With an amazing camera!! SO GORGEOUS!
- Booked my tours for the New Zealand trip. It’s becoming so real…
On top of all of that, it’s been a pretty busy month! And I’m slowly starting to get some routine in me and excited to continue to work on that and figure it out.
What I Read
A Tale of Stars and Shadow by Lisa Cassidy [RTC]
The Broken Eye by Brent Weeks [RTC]
What I Hauled
**Nothing this month**
Body Positive Power by Megan Jayne Crabbe: I am so excited to read this and hopefully start my journey of reserving the society-wired negativity regarding my own body.
**Nothing this month**
Received for Review:
**Nothing this month**
The boyfriend spoiled me a little bit this month…
Spaceside by Michael Mammay
The Captain’s Rebel by C.L. Halverson
The Black Hawks by David Wragg
What I Posted
In this section, I like to share posts that I personally wrote this past month that I either really enjoyed writing, am really proud of or wish might have gotten a little more attention.
🏰 Introducing My Library Tour Series: where I started sharing what books are on my shelves and fun stories surrounding them!
🏰 Write What You Love: trying to recapture the love I once felt for my greatest passion.
🏰 More Than One Story: another writing discussion post! Two in one month! Who am I?
Reading Challenges Update
A new section I decided to add this year, so I can actually keep track of the challenges I signed up for (so I’ll hopefully actually complete them this time around).
2020 Discussion Challenge: 1/12 Discussion Posts
- None this month!
Year of the Asian Readathon: 0/20
- Considering I’ve only read two books this month (and one was required reading for a contest and another part of a series reread I’m binging through at a very slow rate currently), I’m not surprised this went nowhere. <– Literally what I wrote, word for word last month, and then…nope. I am in such a reading slump, help.
StartonYourShelfathon: 0/143 (0/67 ARCs)
- I’m not counting either of the two books I read because one of them I don’t own and one of them I do own, but it’s a reread. So…yeah, this is going great. <– AGAIN (not to mention this number has actually increased since I’ve gotten some books this year…)
Another new section! To try and hold myself accountable, I’ll be sharing where I’m at on the goals I’ve made for myself this year, all of which I detailed in this post.
Write two novels, edit one and write for me ✔️✖️
Getting sick kinda through a wrench into this plan for me, but I did have a really good writing week so this, so I am hoping to build on that momentum!
Productive Routine That Promotes Self-Care ✖️
I’m still not counting that one quite yet. But I have a feeling next month is going to be different.
Six Clients ✔️✖️
While I still don’t have six clients for this year, I do potentially have four clients lined up, so I am really excited that I will hopefully continue to grow.
Read More ✖️
*dies from shame*
Cook New Recipes ✔️✖️
I definitely didn’t do this this month, but I am planning to cook a new meal today because I forgot to do it this month, so some progress here, sorta?
Cherish Connections and Friendships More ✔️
While I didn’t get to do this nearly as much as I wanted, I did video chat with an old friend, get lunch with two different group of friends and invited my students-turned-friends over for a get together, so this is still a good year for connections! <3
Less Social Media ✔️
This is good, but I still could do better. I really need to start keeping a book with my everywhere again, so I can spend those pockets of free time reading instead of scrolling.
Finish Home Projects ✔️
Finally got the weight bench put up and started working on cleaning up the backyard, so we’re making forward progress. I’m counting it.
Wear My Style More ✖️
This is a goal? Oops.
Take More Pictures ✖️
Yeah…I didn’t think about this one, either. BUT, I did just get a new phone that has a KILLER camera and I can’t wait to take more pictures!
Posts I Enjoyed
Curious what blog posts I really enjoyed around the blogsophere this month? Check them out here:
⚔️ Oh, did I just positively LOVE Marie @ Drizzle and Hurricane Books‘ post about leaving blog comments. Nothing makes me more excited when I have a comment on my blog and I hope it’s a way to show appreciation that doesn’t disappear!
⚔️ And THIS POST. Oh, that post from Madeline @ Happy When Writing just resonated with the struggling writer in me SO HARD.
⚔️ Kelly @ Another Book in the Wall shared a wonderful post about what to blog about when you’re in a reading slump.
⚔️ Amber @ The Literary Phoenix shared some problems with Goodreads and I couldn’t agree more.
⚔️ Meredith @ M.A. Crosbie shares a vulnerable, potent post that resonated with my core, written in such a beautiful way, it floored me.
This post is coming up a little bit late, since I was just getting back from St. Louis from my Dad last night, so I’m sneaking it up this morning. I hope you all had a great February and March is even better! I’m going to go and enjoy this rare 65 degree weather now. <3