Though I always dread it on the weekends, I’ve come to actually really enjoy Sundays. Last week, I decided to make Sunday mornings my cleaning/errands day and even though that sounds boring or annoying, I actually really like it. It makes me feel motivated to start off the work week right, as I come into work later that afternoon and it’s so nice to come home to a clean house to start off the work week. Plus, after a fun weekend of an impromptu date night with my man and then our planned Renaissance Festival date day on Saturday, it was just a really lovely weekend all around.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Start mapping out edits for BLOOD PRICE. And then, begin editing.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I am so excited with how this is going. Even though I only edited once last Tuesday, I did get through the first two chapters and am attempting to edit through incorporating the list I learned from fantastic and wonderful author Melissa Caruso and her editing method. Then, I took that list and I am making a chapter breakdown on top of editing each chapter, summarizing what happens, the strengths, the weaknesses, edits that need to happen in that chapter (if I can’t edit it immediately, like I need to brainstorm or something like that) or edits that need to happen in future chapters that I don’t want to forget, plus any concerns I want to pass along to beta readers. Doing this will make editing go a little slower, but I think this will really strengthen my edits and actually force me to edit, instead of line editing and calling it progress.
Weekly Goal: Edit 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day and post review on Friday.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I had to read a lot on Thursday to get caught up and be able to post my review by Friday, but I did! Not sure if I’ll truly be able to keep up reading a book a week and posting a review every Friday, but I’m really enjoying that routine so far. Plus, I’m almost 100 pages into Promise of Blood by Brian McClellan and I am loving it so far.
Weekly Goal: Ready every day and post review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 5x and try not to spoil on my progress my poor weekend eating.
Status: Affirmative, Commander. Kept up with this routine once more (with the exception of skipping Friday because I was lazy and only doing cardio on Wednesday instead of strength training) and enjoying it so far! I think I might try to do more cardio, since I’m not actually losing any weight, but that’s still up in the air. What I really need to do is stop going crazy eating on the weekends and also practice more positive mindsets when it comes to eating and working out.
Weekly Goal: Workout 4x and eat better this weekend!
Last Week’s Goals:
Add pictures and clips to MiddleMoot presentation Check Mint three times. Watch spending. Put money into savings. Start paying off credit card.
- Start planning NC trip.
Catch up on emails. Blog 6x. Make editing game plan.
- Reach out to Muses about September posts.
Practice Spanish daily. Write and mail letters. Get excited for Renaissance Festival!
- Catch up on emails.
- Blog 6x.
- Stay on top of work meetings and projects this week.
- Finish out Muses September posts and prepare for October.
- Practice Spanish daily.
- Add notes to MiddleMoot presentation and works cited.
- Practice MiddleMoot presentation to my cats and time it.
- Go to the dentist and get eye doctor figured out.
- Plan NC trip!!
- Get excited for CiderFest date and DnD this weekend!
It’s very surreal that this is the last full week of September. I’m already ready for October: for the sweaters and leggings, for the changing of the leaves and the fall weather, i.e., it being positively perfect outside and generally just enjoying life because the wonderful hecticness of the holiday season truly gets underway. I’m also pretty excited about Halloween, as I love that holiday and have already been devouring the orange-creme Oreos and Halloween-themed cereal with delight. But I’m even more excited for October as my boyfriend and I are going on vacation in the middle of the month and it’s approaching fast, but I’m definitely ready for it.
Hope you have a productive and positive week!