Last week was busy enough that, before the week even ended, I was already making my To-Do list for this week–which is no smaller than it was last week. If anything, it’s grown longer. As always, I’ll be trying to balance everything, but most importantly, remember that there is so much more to life than work and crossing items off the To-Do list…even if both of those things feel super gratifying. But I shouldn’t feel guilty for hanging out and gaming with my boyfriend instead of catching up on ARCs. Or spending time getting to know my students instead of responding to emails. It’s a balance I haven’t mastered–not by far–but one I’m always striving to try.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Edit two-three chapters this week.
- Status: Negative, Commander. I mean, I did edit one chapter (and enjoyed the hell out of it as I did) but I kept running out of time every other day, so I only edited once. I’m hopeful that I’ll get to edit a little more here soon, but focusing more on not beating myself up about it, if I don’t.
Weekly Goal: Edit when I can.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Finish book, write review and stay ahead on August ARCs.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I have been killing it while reading lately, though, which is really exciting. The books I’ve been reading have been really great, too.
Weekly Goal: Read every day and write review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Log food honestly, get back to my lifestyle roots and workout 4x.
Status: Negative, Commander. Didn’t work out at all last week, but the boyfriend got a FitBit and, in teaching him how it works, I’ve been getting back to the roots of why I want to work out, how I want to work out and how to log my food honestly, so I’m hopeful that, in supporting one another, I can get back on track!
Weekly Goal: Workout 3x and log food honestly.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Reevaluate new budget and be frugal.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Still need to reevaluate the new budget (which I might not be able to do until September, once we know how much bills are now that we’re splitting everything) so putting that off until next month.
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: 5x.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Like writing, I need to make this more of a priority, so I actually do this daily, instead of just when time presents itself.
Weekly Goal: Find a time that actually works.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy the busyness that begins for the entire second half of the year, definitely starting with August!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Work has been busy lately, but it’s also been really lovely, getting so much done and getting the buzz of a fresh semester starting again.
Weekly Goal: Enjoy cooking dinners and the summer weather for the next two weeks before I go back to working a day job!
This week, it’ll be busy, with training new hires, finishing up work projects and creating the semester schedule (always my most daunting of projects). But I also have a day off on Wednesday, where I’ll be cutting my hair (and perhaps giving it a new color *waggles eyebrows*) and then going to a Shinedown concert I’ve been looking forward to, so that’ll be a nice break within all the madness. Plus, one of my best friends is getting married this weekend, so I’m pretty excited to celebrate his special day with him. Despite the busyness and the grind, always find the joy in each and every day, and make them count.