As you can see, I’m posting this update a couple days late (oops), but this is what a three day weekend interrupting your routine does to you (especially when you’re nearing the end playing Horizon: Zero Dawn). Better late than never though, right?
Working out was still a struggle, though I did do my indoor routine one day last week and my body was sore for three days after the fact, so obviously I needed it. And considering I did it again this morning is a good beacon for this week’s outcome, hopefully, but I was a bit disappointed at my inability to make it a priority with my holiday schedule (as my two pound weight gain reflects). Since I’m back on my usual routine, now it’s just a matter of keeping up the indoor exercises until the weather is nice enough outside to run again.
Otherwise, I killed it writing wise (had a day of plot breakthroughs that resulted in five hours of outlining I’m going to finish up this week). Reading during my lunch break (which will switch to my dinner break, now) was magical. I’ve had to spend a bit more money this month than I hoped, with getting a new phone, eye appointments and getting ahead with Valentine’s Day shopping for my man, so hopefully next month will be more reflective of my actual spending habits. I forgot to get the devotional from home when I was there last week, so I’ll have to readjust that plan.
Overall, though? Sorta what I expected with the start of the year/ending of the holidays/getting back into the swing of things; some progress and some hiccups, but the same level of determination to keep pushing forward, despite.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Research tropes. Map out second narrative arc. Make gameplan in WriteTrack. Prep for starting novel next week.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I didn’t make my gameplan in WriteTrack and I’m not starting it today, like I hoped, but I did have such a breakthrough figuring out the second narrative arc that I can’t help be excited, even if I’m going to start actually writing later than I planned.
Weekly Goal: Finish chapter outline and character profiles. Create map (for fun). Create WriteTrack plan.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Finish Age of Assassins. Write review (and Necrotech review?). Start new steampunk novel.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I finished Age of Assassins (and that one line in the epilogue is still haunting me), wrote the review and started reading Elizabeth Bear’s Karen Memory, which is such a neat steampunk read. Should finish it in a day or two.
Weekly Goal: Finish Karen Memory. Write review and Necrotech review. Read during my meal breaks.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Exercise indoors 3x. Log food…accurately.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Worked out once, but didn’t log my food at all. Still weighed, though, and while I wasn’t stoked about the results, I’m not giving into despair yet. I got plenty of work–and time–to do it.
Weekly Goal: Indoor routine 3x. Log food.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Put money into savings. Don’t spend any extra money that I don’t have to.
- Status: Negative, Commander. I ended up buying a new phone. I didn’t really need one, but my old one was so shit, I really wanted one. It’s making everything a little tighter and will probably have to use my tax return to pay it off, but it wasn’t exactly the best financial week.
Weekly Goal: Actually put money into savings. Start prepping for taxes.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Pick up book from my parents. Come up with reading and check-in gameplan with my Mom to implement next week.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Completely forgot to pick up book and haven’t talked to my Mom about it, yet.
Weekly Goal: Pray every night without losing focus (too much).
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy spending some time with my Dad after my eye doctor appointment. Try not to kill Edward after watching Battlestar Galactica.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Had fun chilling with my Dad and catching up with my siblings last week, especially as we watched some college basketball. Didn’t watch any Battlestar, but have been grinding Horizon: Zero Dawn and considering I’m at 95% completion…
Weekly Goal: Beat Horizon: Zero Dawn and prepare to have my mind blown. Have fun hanging out with Kylee (and hopefully my sister) on Saturday.
This week, definitely going to focus on the final outlining prep for Artemis Smith and the Steam-Powered Fallacy, so hopefully I can start writing the book next week. Working out and eating better will also be on the forefront of my mind. But mostly, I’ll just be getting back into the habit of working evenings instead of days and trying to survive the cold.