Last week wasn’t too bad at all. The weekend, particularly, was fantastic: went with the amazing boyfriend and friends to St. Louis, where we watched the Blues win (and my main man Pietrangelo scored twice), ate ice cream made with liquid nitrogen that was delicious, had a blast witnessing the St. Patrick’s Day shenanigans, enjoyed the madness that is March (busted brackets included) and just overall had a really lovely time escaping for the weekend. I’m really looking forward to more adventures like that.
Not a bad week meeting goals, either, I must say.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 6x. Continue meeting word count.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Almost at 70,000 words and the end is on the horizon, so close I can almost taste it…word count goal wise. Though I know I’m towards the end of the book, it feels like there is still a lot left to happen, based on my outline. But who knows, maybe I’ll write it quicker than I thought or it’ll all get summed up in 10,000 words, but my gut is telling me now that this book will be longer than 80,000 words for a first draft. We’ll see!
Weekly Goal: Write 6x. Continue meeting word count.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read Age of Myth. Write review. Go by library.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I didn’t get the review written (but will write it this week!), since I finished the book late last week, before I went out of town, but it was a good read. I’m excited to continue the rest of the series. Already started reading another book that I’m just way too invested in (not looking forward to this trilogy ending in a mere 300 more pages, but I’m excited for it), so I’ll prolly fly through this one, too.
Weekly Goal: Read Heart on Fire.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 5x, log food honestly and don’t eat like a fool on the weekend.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander…sorta. I only worked out 3x last week and I didn’t think about going out of town as far as not eating so poorly on the weekends, but I’m still counting last week as a win, because I still worked out and ate pretty decently (including mixing up my usual dinner meals a little bit) amidst period week, which is always a challenge.
Weekly Goal: Workout during lunch breaks, if time (and weather) allows.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Stay frugal and start saving to move in August.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Pay bills for next month.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Pray.
- Status: Negative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Pray.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Have a blast in St. Louis and enjoy the three day weekend. But also, find ways to enjoy every day of the work week, too (including celebrating my Mom’s birthday!).
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Like I mentioned above, St. Louis was a blast. I also really enjoyed my day off last week where I got to see my family and celebrate my Mom. It was wonderful and I wish we could get together like that more often.
Weekly Goal: Enjoy getting to work a regular schedule for once!This week is Spring Break here on campus, which means that the library is down to limited hours, only open 8am-5pm, so I actually get to work days (*squee*). Though getting up early sucks and it makes working out really hard (for some reason, it feels like there is never enough time in the day when I work 8am-5pm, instead of my usual 3pm-12am), I do really enjoy this schedule; mostly because I actually get to see my boyfriend more than just on the weekends and we get to eat together, which is wonderful. Looking forward to celebrating my brother’s birthday this weekend with the fam and more March Madness (let’s go, ‘Hawks!), but on top of that, I’ll focus on writing and eating well, as well as trying to save as much money as I can.