It’s officially summer!
I mean, the pool isn’t open yet, unfortunately, but the weather is certainly here. And so is the calm of the library, which is always busy the other nine months of the year, but for the summer season, it gets to be a little quieter, which means we can catch up on projects and the like, and just takes some moments to breathe. In that same vein, over the summer, I want to keep up my writing output and make working out a priority in the mornings (especially once I get to my 2pm-10pm summer schedule, instead of the lovely 8am-5pm I get to work throughout the rest of May). But I also want to take time to relax: mainly, going to the pool after my workouts and then catching up on my ever daunting To-Read list, which I’m actually really excited about. Thanks to those goals, I’ll probably be playing less PS4 than I usually do, but for the summer, I think I’m okay with that.
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 5x.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Crossed over the 50K mark! The next few scenes that are about to happen aren’t at all what I originally planned, but I am much more excited about these possibilities and what is going to happen next than I was before. It’s one of my favorite parts about writing: discovering the story along the way.
Weekly Goal: Write 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day. Make ARC review calendar.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Though I got too many ARCs to actually read any of them in time to publish the review on the dates of publication, I’m excited to get started reading them this week!
Weekly Goal: Read every day.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 5x (especially since the weather is supposed to be shitty).
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. My workouts were a little different, last week. I had the intention of running four times, walking once (while talking on the phone with a friend) and then doing some different strength training exercises at least three times. I ended up running twice, walking three times (including two phone-call-walks) and then doing strength training once. Though it wasn’t what I envisioned, I was still active and that’s what counts.
Weekly Goal: Workout 5x.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Pay car tag renewal. Put money in savings for May.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I haven’t put the money into savings yet, but it’s there and I’ll do that after this post. Paid the car tag, though, so that’s exciting. And my bank account is crying a little bit.
Weekly Goal: Look at budget again and adjust. FRUGAL.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Actually think about this goal.
- Status: Negative, Commander. Though I did think about this a little more, I didn’t pray very much and I haven’t really looked at any devotionals, so I need to rededicate myself to that.
Weekly Goal: Try again.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Enjoy the mirad of plans this weekend, including special date night and Mother’s Day!
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Enjoy working a normal schedule and cooking at home with the boyfriend!
Until summer starts, working 8am-5pm means getting a little creative with my workouts (going on walks during my lunch break, for example, and then doing some strength training stuff when I get home, after dinner) because I also want to spend quality time with my boyfriend, since we’re working the same schedule (including making dinner together, which I’m super jazzed about). So going to try that out this week and see how that workout schedule goes. It means I’ll practically be starting over with my running routine come June, but I’m staying active and still making progress. And for that, I’ll take it.
PS: Beautiful new line break was made by the aforementioned boyfriend because he’s just so dang creative like that. <3