If you’re one of the few people who follows this series of blog posts regularly, you’re probably thinking, “Hey. You’re supposed to post these every Sunday. Don’t you realize it’s Tuesday?” Well, real talk here for a second. So, over the summer, I get to work Monday through Friday, instead of working Sunday through Thursday. And I…may or may not write these posts during my down time at work. Pair in Memorial Day Weekend this past weekend and well…that’s why this goal post is getting up a little bit late and the changed schedule is why my Resolution Update series, Quest for Discovery, will most likely be posted on Mondays until August.
Thanks for reading these posts, though, regardless of what day on the week they fall. You have never idea what some interaction with these posts do for my motivation to continue striving to meet these goals!
Long-Term Goal: Write two new books and edit two books. Enter the query trenches.
Last Week’s Goal: Write 5x.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. The end is in sight! And a lot closer than I realized, too. There isn’t too much left in this book before I’ll be able to write, “The End,” though if I continue to have writing days like today where I’m barely meeting the bare minimum, it’ll be a slow process. I’m hoping to have a day here soon where I just crank it out and fly through these last few chapters. But we’ll see!
Weekly Goal: Write 4x.
Long-Term Goal: Read every day, finishing up some old series and keeping up with new ones.
Last Week’s Goal: Read every day. Write review.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Finished the book I mentioned last week and whoa. That book was incredible. Super excited to start Warlock Holmes this week. I have a feeling I’ll fly through that one, if it’s anything like the first two in the series.
Weekly Goal: Read every day. Write review.
Long-Term Goal: Continue living a healthy lifestyle and shaping a body I love and am proud of.
Last Week’s Goal: Workout 5x. Log food.
Status: Affirmative, Commander. Aside from Memorial Day, where I redefined laziness and destroyed my diet with easy, I did pretty well last week, staying focus on my food intake and honestly logging it. I’m extra excited for next week, though, when I can start working on regularly again.
Weekly Goal: Workout 4x. Log food.
Long-Term Goal: Learn to have a healthy relationship with money and build my savings.
Weekly Goal: Pay credit card.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander.
Weekly Goal: Pay rent. Put money into savings.
Long-Term Goal: Reconnect with God and grow personally to live more like Jesus.
Last Week’s Goal: Look up devotionals and try to figure out how to incorporate Jesus a little bit more into my daily life.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. I finally found a devotional that should get here in the mail sometime this week. I’m excited to actually work on this finally.
Weekly Goal: Start devotional.
Long-Term Goal: Find a reason to smile every day and something to get excited about weekly.
Last Week’s Goal: Smile every day.
- Status: Affirmative, Commander. Last weekend was truly lovely, between attending a Con with the boyfriend, seeing my family for a cookout and then being completely lazy on Monday, I could use more three day weekends in my life.
Weekly Goal: Enjoy my last week on a normal schedule.
This is my last week working 8am-5pm. I’m excited to not have to get up at 6:30am anymore, but I’m going to miss eating dinner fresh and seeing my boyfriend for more than five minutes aside from the weekends. Plus, I feel like I’ve seen my family more in the past three weeks than usual, so I’ll miss that, too. But I’m excited to get back into the routine again, get back into my workout routine, plus start swimming.
Lots and lots of swimming.