Happy Near Year, everyone! I know that’s a bit of a loaded statement, given…*gestures at everything*. I’m trying to start the year on a optimistic note, despite all of the realistic worries battling for the forefront of my thoughts. However, this post isn’t for that. In fact, it’s a bit of a bold post! One of my intentions for the upcoming year is to become better at self-promotion, in relation to many things: this blog, of course, but also a few other endeavors. So, I figured a strong way to start it off was to create an entire blog post detailing different ways to support me in 2022.
Of course, if this isn’t your cup of tea, you don’t have the means or even not the interest, that’s totally okay! I appreciate you checking it out, nonetheless. Also, I hope it goes without saying, but I appreciate any and all support, in all forms. Some of the ways outlined below are financial and they do help a lot (and mean the world). Yet that doesn’t mean that any support that isn’t financially driven isn’t just as appreciated and valued to me.
Tl;dr: any support given to me has–and always will-mean the world.
Ways to Support Me in 2022
As a Blogger
This part might be the most obvious, since you’re reading this on the blog I’m discussing supporting. First off, just reading my posts mean the world to me, so thank you so much! Other ways to support this blog include:
- Engaging with my posts: liking, commenting, linking and sharing posts help me gauge what readers like and remind me I’m not alone in the void
- Following my blog: at the start of this year, I’m at 921 followers and hope to reach 1,000 by the end
- Retweeting my content: I share all of my posts over at my Twitter and a simple retweet helps more people discover the nerdiness happening here
This will always be my main platform and an intense joy to me. Any support and engagement here truly does mean everything to me. It makes me feel less alone every time someone likes a post. I feel heard every time someone comments and we have a chance to chat. And each time someone follows or shares my posts, I’m awed, humbled and grateful.
So, truly: thank you for being on this journey with me!
As an Editor
You may know that I am a freelance editor. I’ve offered my editorial services since August of 2019 and lemme tell you: I’ve loved it. Not only has it helped keep me afloat, but it’s given me a glimpse of what working in a job I love looks like (read: definitely not what I experience at my day job, but I have to pay the bills somehow).
While it’s nowhere near where it needs to be for me to work full-time (yet), that is a dream. And, as my main avenue to help pay off my accrued medical debt, I am definitely hoping to grow!
- Sharing my services: similar to above, a retweet when I post about my services might help me reach a potential client
- Hiring me: I get closer to paying off my medical debt, you level up your writing; wins all around!
- Recommending me when you see someone looking for an editor is always helpful!
I look forward to see what 2022 might bring and seriously cannot wait to work on some truly incredibly stories.
As a Creator
There are a few other ways you can support me in 2022 that you might not be aware of! They include:
- Joining my Patreon: I’m reviving my Patreon and so excited for the content I have in store, broken down into specific interests, so you can tailor it into what you’re specifically interested in! But, if there is something missing that you’d want to see, let me know and I’ll see if it’s feasible to add! 😊
- Subscribing to my newsletter: It’s free, it’s quarterly and it’ll (eventually!) be the way I connect with readers after I publish, so you’re getting into it early!
- Following me on social media: I’m active on Twitter and Instagram, so feel free to come connect on those platforms, too!
Oof, that was a lot of self-promotion in one go, which I am…very not used to. 😅 Thanks for reading as I practice promoting what I’m proud of and trying to grow where I want to grow. As always, your support–in any and all forms–will always move my heart. Truly.
Stay safe out there, friends. I hope this year brings you light, kindness, joy, support and rest. 🖤