So, I’ve heard briefly about Wyrd and Wonder before, but I’ve never participated in it, usually either finding out after the fact or being unmotivated. But this year, I’ve decided to change that and give it a try!
For those who aren’t familiar, Wyrd and Wonder is a month-long celebration of all things fantasy, hosted by Lisa, Jorie and Imyril. What’s drawn me to it is not only do many of my favorite bloggers participate, but also how lowkey it is. Literally any way you want to celebrate–whether it’s books, films, TV shows, games, you name it–it sounds like Wyrd and Wonder has a place for it. I also won’t lie: the intro post I linked above has such a magical feel to it already, so I’m excited!
How I Plan to Participate
I plan on participating in a few different ways, most namely:
- Reading only fantasy books in May (which isn’t hard, since that’s what I mostly read anyway)
- Participate in the Wyrd and Wonder Challenge by doing a weekly post sharing my answers to all the daily prompts from the previous week
- I love the monthly challenge they are hosting, but I won’t lie and pretend that I can keep up with daily posts, whether it be in blog form or something quicker on social media. Yet, I still want to do these prompts, because they’re really cool, so I’m going to do a weekly adventure log instead!
- Blog hop and read everyone else’s wonderful posts!
Wyrd and Wonder TBR
So, I’m going to list way more books than I will ever read this month and I completely recognize that. But there are just so many fantasy books I want to read, okay?!
And I limited myself to only six books when I want to read hundreds, but most likely will only read one, as that is how reading goes. 😅
My post schedule is going to be pretty simple, as you can see below:
- April 29th: Announcement Post and TBR Reveal
- May 5th: Adventure Log 1 (Challenge Prompts 1-5)
- 12th: Adventure Log 2 (Challenge Prompts 6-12)
- 19h: Adventure Log 3 (Challenge Prompts 12-19)
- 26th: Adventure Log 4 (Challenge Prompts 19-26)
- June 4th: Wyrd and Wonder Wrap-Up (Plus Challenge Prompts 27-31)
I’ll still be posting some other content, like the Let’s Talk Bookish discussion series on a few Fridays, a scattering of personal posts and my usual trio of posts that end each month (my allyship check-in, Novels and Narrations and Bookish Breakdown series). So, while it won’t be all fantasy all the time, I hope it’s still a nice addition to the festivities! And who knows, maybe I’ll even through in a book review or two. 😉
What about you? Are you participating in the Wyrd and Wonder event this May? Have you signed-up so you can enter the generous giveaway to win a really fantastic book? Do you have a TBR? Let me know in the comments below!